"It's a perfect night for mystery and horror. The air itself is filled with monsters."


The best horror movie ever created.  The first horror sequel ever.  The first feature horror film to incorporate comedic elements. The first film in my adulthood to fill me with emotion to the point of tears.  THIS IS MY FAVORITE FILM and every time I watch it, I am reminded of this. Tonight I showed my roommate The Bride of Frankenstein and he got it as much as someone his age can get it.  It probably won't be his favorite film but I am glad I showed it to him at an age where he was capable of understanding what's beyond what is being shown on the screen. I am not even going to talk about what the film is about because either you have watched it or you haven't and you need to go watch it (Watch Frankenstein if you haven't already done so, not necessary but it helps).    

I will say that there is also a 1985 remake starring Sting as Frankenstein for some reason. This is not a joke.  Jennifer Beals plays the bride and judging from the trailer, she is very naggy and annoying.  They seem to really play up the existential crisis aspect of the story.  Anyway, I have no interest watching this or any new reboot. remake or sequel being planned (which has been talked about for at least 20 years).  Recently, I attended Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights and walked through their new maze entitled "The Bride of Frankenstein Lives" which was a sequel to this film and amazingly, this sequel idea worked as a maze.  It helps that it was an interesting and enjoyable story with great music from Slash.  If the plot for this maze would have been done  in the 30's with Karloff and Lanchester, I think it would have been an amazing movie.  However, since it was the 30's, it would have never happened as depicted in the maze because censors in the 30's had to pretend to be offended by 2 seconds of slight cleavage.  The immersive nature of the maze was the perfect method to bring this story "to life". Get it?

Lastly, I again want to remind those that argue that "Frankenstein was the man not the creature" to please go kick rocks and find something else to feel smart about.  You have either your mother or father's last name and people that don't know your parents refer to you by that same last name, do they not?  Please go find something else to try to feel relevant in.  That's just as annoying as grown ass adults with Mickey ears having full on conversations with characters while the excited children have to wait for them to get in their weekly passholder interaction,  go deal with your trauma please.  That sounds a little mean but I have a feeling is pretty spot on for a great deal of these cases.  If you still think that's mean then it was Agatha all along.  Anyway, to end this ona good note, 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog