Show me how to do it.  


I realize that I watched and wrote about Halloween Ends last year but I thought I would give it another chance. One without mid to high expectations, if anything to see if like a child, I was too hard on it out of disappointment.  

I still insist that it starts off very good with a lot of potential, and I even forgot the events that were about to unfold. Midway through the movie, I thought that maybe they were going for a Halloween III  Season of the Witch type of thing where it’s not related to the original films, but goes off on its own and for a second, I thought oh, that is brilliant. however, that didn’t last very long and I go back to believing that this is a weakest entry into the newer films, and still does not make sense to me. However, like Halloween III  Season of the Witch , had it been its own movie, had it been just a Corey Cunningham movie unrelated to the whole story of Halloween, it may have worked.

 The first two films I enjoyed, and were building up to good conclusion and then for this movie to just take it in a different direction and tell the story of a random kid is still questionable to me. There’s a line in the movie that Laurie Strode says that evil doesn’t die. I just change the shape which is what this thing was trying to do I guess but again as a conclusion to the first two movies they were heavily, hyped and exciting, it falls flat. I tried, I tried to give it a second chance and while it is not as disappointing as the first time, it still does not satisfy expectations for the franchise. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog