Here Lies Betelgeuse


 Welcome to the 2024 Images of Fright Film Festival 15.  What a time. This year we started a little later than usual but not the latest festival by any means.  Things like work and school and life and stuff seem to be neverending and so here we are.  However, in preperation for the release of Beetlejuice Beetlejuice next weekend, the first film in the series fo rthis year is the original Beetlejuice.  

Little known fact, I had never seen the entire movie until today, I know I'm a little late but I had only seen bits and pieces until tonight.  I enjoyed it and am still trying to figure out how Burton and friends came up with such unique imagery, like how does one think of a sandworm or a lady cut in half waiting on a couch?  Pretty impressive and the story was pretty cute.  I liked all the characters but Lydia deetz did get kind of annoying at times.  She reminded me of the girls who try really hard to remind you that they're "goth" and go outo f their way to dress a certain way.  Also, it seemed Beetlejuice wasn't in that many scenes, I could be wrong but that's what I'm recalling.  Overall, it was an enjoyable movie, I can't wait for the sequel.   Please enjoy the upcoming festival screenings  and welcome to Spooky Season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog